If you want to know what it feels like to yell down the phone that you are debt free, you should talk to no credit needed, who successfully got out of debt in February 2006. As well as his successful blog, he also runs a network where you can post your debt reduction goals and a podcast. His side project is the diet blog no calories needed. My favourite posts include:
- preparing for life without a credit card – there’s no escaping the ubiquitousness of credit these days. If you’re hoping to avoid it, you probably want to check out how ncn did it
- dumbest debt decisions ever: #3 out of 5 – financing a car. A new car. At the age of 18. Yeah, not great.
- goals for 2008 – plus steps we’re taking to prepare for a new baby and a new year – keeping your end goals in sight makes them much more acheivable.
Queercents is group blog focussing on personal finance for the LGBT community. Don’t think that means that there is nothing on there for straights – it’s all excellent thought provoking stuff, especially the recurring series what would you do?, sleeping with money and femme economics. My favourites include:
- would you disrupt your life to provide care for aging parents? – if I’m truly honest, I think I’d avoid disrupting it if I possibly could. I know, I’m a bad person.
- male and female money dynamics – how does the money dynamic work in a relationship, and does gender really make a difference
- leaving the workforce to be a homo homemaker – an interesting look at the dynamics of being a stay at home partner and trying to avoid the pitfalls
Rocketc blogs about personal finance and getting out of debt as he does everything else in life – from a conservative Christian perspective. Don’t let that dissuade you, he’s a great writer and puts forward interesting ideas. My favourites include:
- does your pastor check your giving record? – I think that if they do, that’s a little intrusive, at the very least you should be able to check theirs
- coffee tip – cinnamon! – nice little tip on how to emulate the taste of gourmet coffee without the expense
- shooting the moon – are you trying to aim too high with your finances, or are you taking the slow and steady route?
Similar Posts:subscribe to my feed, or check out some of my best posts.