Well, by the time I get home from work, its dark already; it’s absolutely freezing in my bedroom because the radiator needs bleeding and some idiot thinks it’s bonfire night already and has set fireworks off every night this week. Autumn is officially here.
I’ll try not to be too gloomy and look on the bright side of the change in seasons. There are many ways that Autumn helps you to be frugal.
1. Stomping on fallen leaves is fun and free. I’m fortunate enough to live in a very tree-y area, so I get to do this all the time.
2. Hearty casseroles, the autumn dish of choice, should never be made with expensive meat. Sounds like a win-win to me.
3. Heating bills are less than air conditioning bills. Since we didn’t have much of a summer, I haven’t actually needed a/c but, it’s the thought that counts.
4. There are better films on the schedules in autumn, so I don’t need to go to the cinema for quality entertainment.
5. People have started Christmas shopping, which means that it is no longer pleasurable to go shopping and I’m much less likely to do so.
So there you go, my 5 reasons that autumn is frugal. What about everyone else? Have you got any other ways in which its easier to save money in autumn?
Similar Posts:subscribe to my feed, or check out some of my best posts.