The winner of the first ever plonkee money competition is cleverdude. He was drawn out of the hat (actually a spud trooper helmet) and has elected to receive a gift certificate for amazon.com which will be winging its way to him shortly.
From his entry, the reasons that donating to charity improves his well being are:
- supporting his clean language by having a swear jar (the money goes to a pregnancy crisis charity)
- supporting his choice in music by donating to a nice local radio station
- supporting his values by donating to a university he approves of that has familial ties
Sounds like some excellent uses for spare money.
- who do you donate to and why?
- my kiva loan has been repaid – what to do next?
- I don’t give to charity because…. debunked