Paidtwice tagged me with a book meme, so here goes.
The meme is simple – grab the nearest book that has at least 123 pages, open it to page 123, and count down 5 sentences. Then, type the next three sentences here.
As I’m writing this, I’m at work, my nearest book is Getting Things Done by David Allen (yes, I’m a GTD devotee).
That item may be more attractive to your psyche because you know right away what to do with it – and you don’t feel like thinking about what’s in your hand. This is dangerous territory. What’s in your hand is likely to end up in a ‘hmppphhh’ stack on the side of your desk because you become distracted by something easier, more important, or more interesting below it.
If you like memes consider yourself tagged. And now on with the show. Some of the posts that I’ve liked this week include:
- Bills That Are Okay to Pay Late @ Debt Reduction Formula – I disagree with the order of these, I’m all for taxes, mortgage/rent, utilities, in that order.
- Diversification and Fantasy Baseball @ The Writer’s Coin – I know rounders is a school children’s game but it’s still a good post 😉
- The importance of job reputation @ Money Relations – get a name for being good, and the rest will follow
- I’ll blog about procrastination tomorrow @ In-Debt Net – as will I 😉
- Social Security is worth $225,000 for a typical retiree @ The Dough Roller – that’s how much money you’d need to replace it with something like an annuity
- Considering Paying off the My Car Loan @ Single Guy Money – what do you suggest?
- Wise Investing Made Simple Review Part 3: Information and What To Do With It @ I’ve Paid For This Twice Already… – great review of what looks like a good book
- Need To Send A Fax But Don’t Have A Fax Machine? Send Faxes For Free Online @ My Two Dollars – stuff for free, everyone’s a winner
- The Basic Formula of Wealth @ Moolanomy – join in the alphabet of personal finance
- Gazelle intensity vacations to avoid burnout @ Gather Little By Little – sometimes you’ve got to live in the present
- Delayed Gratification @ Cash Money Life – other times you’ve got to think to the future
- 75 Frugal Home Tips @ Being Frugal – read, bookmark. Enough said.
- We are heading in the right direction (I think) @ Rocket Finance – are you doing better now than you were before?
- weddings and gifts
- february book review: your money or your life
- january book review: the money diet