This week I have mostly been reading:
- sleeping with money: setting goals and dreaming big @ Queercents – if you don’t make your dreams happen then they won’t. And, what’s worse, your ex might end up more successful than you.
- why you should keep your money in your 401(k) plan @ gather little by little – essentially it’s because you’d be a fool not to. Enough said.
- dave ramsey gives bad college savings advice @ moolanomy – Dave, being good at giving advice on getting out of debt does not mean you know everything, as this post ably demonstrates.
- paying for experiences instead of items @ i’ve paid for this twice already… – I’m a fan of the slogan “Experience is Everything” myself
- 10 tips for first time apartment renters @ my two dollars – I know that I linked to this before, but it’s good. Go and read it again.
- how do you know when it’s time to change jobs @ cash money life – Patrick is thinking about getting a new job. I’ve been with the same company for over 5 years now, and I’m never sure that’s a good thing. I should probably think about thinking about changing.
- my wife has her own checking account @ rocket finance – in relationship finance, do what works. Done is always better than perfect.
- how to prevent another sub-prime mortgage debacle @ the dough roller – a great post on how the sub-prime mortgage problem in the US came to be.
- how to avoid arguing about money @ green panda treehouse – apparently my suggestion for remaining single doesn’t always cut it, if you want some more practical suggestions head for these.
I’ve also shamefully forgotten to tell you about the new m-network and friends group project on money matters for all ages, so far we’ve had:
- January 15 – Introduction at My Dollar Plan
- January 16 – Preschoolers at I’ve Paid for This Twice Already
- January 17 – Personal Finance for Children and Pre-Teens at Being Frugal
- January 18 – Teenagers at Gather Little by Little and Money Advice to My Teenage Son at DebtFREE-Revolution
- January 19 – College Money Matters at Mrs. Micah
- January 20 – Financal Advice For Your Twenties at Remodeling This Life and The 20’s at Cash Money Life
I’m up later on, as I’m doing retirement.
- Dave Ramsey’s step 7: live and grow rich! invest in mutual funds and real estate
- net worth 2008?
- it’s not what you make, it’s what you keep